CIPC is committed to lifting up the voices of immigrant communities in the news. Our communications team works to provide reporters with critical information and compelling stories that highlight the importance of inclusive policies.
For media inquiries, please contact Communications Manager Jon Rodney or Communications Associate Carolina Gamero.
SELECT PRESS RELEASES
CIPC IN THE NEWS
Feb. - March 2014
- Associated Press: "California weighs undocumented immigrant license requirements" by Amy Taxin. January 31, 2014.
- KDTV Univisión 14, San Francisco: Coverage of reactions to State of the Union address. January 28, 2014.
- KPBS (San Diego): California Immigrant Advocates See Health Care, Professional Licenses As Next Battle by Jill Replogle. January 13, 2014.
- Los Angeles Times: "Legislator to push healthcare for those in the country illegally" by Patrick McGreevy and Melanie Mason. January 10, 2014.
- Orange County Register: "State senator wants health care for all immigrants" by Roxana Kopetman. January 10, 2014.
- KDTV Univisión 14, San Francisco: "Las buenas y malas noticias de presupuesto"[The good and bad of the budget]. January 10, 2014.
- La Opinión: "Proponen $64.7 millones para trámites de licencias para indocumentados en CA"by Araceli Martínez. January 9, 2014. Also featured on Univision.com.
- KQED/The California Report: "New Laws Bolster Protections for Undocumented Immigrants" by Scott Detrow. January 6, 2014.
- Bay City News wire service: "Immigrant rights advocates celebrate new law limiting deportations" by Dan McMenamin. January 1, 2014. Featured by SF Appeal, Marinscope.org, and others.
- La Opinión: "Entra en vigor la ley TRUST" [TRUST Act goes into effect] by Araceli Martinez. January 1, 2014.
- KPFA Radio/Pacifica Evening News: "Immigrant rights laws to take effect New Years Day by Christopher Martinez. January 1, 2014.
- Univision.com: "Entró en vigor el acta de confianza en California" [TRUST Act has gone into effect in California] by Jorge Cancino. January 1, 2014.
- TRUST Act implementation coverage also included KCBS Radio, Univisión 14, and more.
- New York Times: "Veto Halts Bill for Jury Duty by Noncitizens in California" by Jennifer Medina. October 7, 2013.
- UT San Diego: "Gov Vetoes Bill OK'ing Noncitizen Jurors" by Michael Gardner. October 7, 2013.
- San Francisco Chronicle: "Jerry Brown Says Noncitizens Can't Serve On Juries" by Joe Garofoli. October 7, 2013.
- Los Angeles Times: "Signing Trust Act Is Another Illegal[sic]-ImmigratIion Milestone For Brown" by Patrick McGreevey. October 5, 2013. (Also posted in the Washington Post).
- Associated Press: "Brown Signs Law Limiting Detention of Immigrants" ["California Limita Detencion de Inmigrantes"]. October 5, 2013. (Also posted in the San Jose Mercury News, KTVU.com, MyDesert.com, UniRadioInforma.com, etc).
- La Opinión: "Governor of California Signs the TRUST Act Into Law" ["Gobernador de California Hace Ley Acta de Confianza"] by Araceli Martinez Ortega. October 5, 2013.
- KDTV Univision 14 (San Francisco) segment: "What is the TRUST Act?" ["Que es el Acta de la Confianza?"]. October 7, 2013.
- KABC 7 (Los Angeles): "Gov. Brown Signs 9 immigration-related Bills" by Carlos Granda. October 7, 2013.
- Huffington Post, Voces: "California Limits Undocumented Deportations" [California Limita Deportacion De Indocumentados] By Jorge Luis Macias. October 5, 2013.
- Huffington Post (Los Angeles): "California's Historic Immigrant Rights Victories Gain Momentum" By Reshma Shamasunder. October 9, 2013.
- Mom's Rising: "Signing of TRUST Act Makes 2013 'Year of the Immigrant' in CA" By Reshma Shamasunder. October 6, 2013.
- Kaiser Health News: "Language, Knowledge Are Barriers For Immigrants Seeking Insurance in California" By Anna Gorman. October 1, 2013. (Also posted by the Washington Post)
August and September 2013
Previous news clips are available here.