To advance immigrant integration in California, a coalition of diverse set of stakeholders partnered to advocate for One California, the establishment of a state funded program to support free and qualified education, outreach and application assistance for immigrants eligible for naturalization or affirmative immigration relief, including the DACA program.
As harsh federal immigration policies test the well-being of immigrant communities and our state, and fraudulent notarios target vulnerable immigrants, One California can bolster services that provide relief from deportations:
- Education & Outreach to ensure non-citizen Californians understand their rights and immigration remedies.
- Naturalization Services to protect green card holders from deportation by applying for citizenship.
- Affirmative Legal Services to support DACA recipients and undocumented Californians apply for affirmative immigration remedies. This includes efforts to build capacity in rural communities.
The Immigration Services Branch (ISB) of the CA Department of Social Services (DSS) oversees this Immigration Services funding. For a list of One California grantees, visit: 2016 – 2017 Immigration Services Contractors.
The One California Coalition:
- California Immigrant Policy Center (CIPC)
- California API Budget Partnership
- California Catholic Conference / Catholic Charities of California
- California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation (CRLAF)
- Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA)
- Mexican American Legal Defense & Educational Fund (MALDEF)
- Services, Immigrant Rights, and Education Network (SIREN)
- Southeast Asia Resource Action Center (SEARAC)